Dermasound Facial Treatment
If you’re looking for a gentle but thorough cleansing, exfoliating and intense hydration facial treatment, then the Dermasound Facial Treatment is the one for you.
You’ll get results after the first visit! After regular visits to our skilled skincare professionals, patients have seen remarkable improvements including:
- Noticeable reduction of fine lines and wrinkles.
- More even skin tone and smoother texture.
- Reduction in the appearance of pores.
- A vast improvement of skin hydration and nutrition.
This is the Clinic’s premium facial treatment. It’s a great way for us to get to know you and your skin.
Using water and low-frequency Ultrasonic Cavitation Technology, Dermasound gently exfoliates 25% to 50% of the skin’s top layers, assisting in minimising the effects of sun damaged skin and the appearance of fine lines. The Dermasound facial is especially good for sensitive skin, active acne and rosacea.
The DermaSound 3 Step Process
- Exfoliation/Cavitation: Using a gentle micro-jet to spin water molecules across the surface of the skin, this first step gently washes away the micro-damaged layer and dead skin cells. This process is non-invasive and poses no risk of trauma or inflammation to the skin.
- Sonophoresis: Using low-frequency sound waves, temporary pathways through the skin are opened, allowing skincare treatment products to penetrate and nourish at a cellular level.
- Microcurrent: Mitochondria, the energy source of cells, decay over time, which is a central factor in the aging of the skin. This last step helps to repair and re-balance skin cells by stimulating mitochondria to generate the energy needed for healthy cell function.
What do you get at our DermaSound Facial Treatment
The final result is smoother, healthier and younger-looking skin, when used regularly along with an appropriate home care program. In skin care, it’s important to know that, no matter what the procedure, there are no instant fixes. Long-term results are achieved when DermaSound Facial treatments are performed regularly — one treatment can’t substitute for a series of treatments. The results are cumulative as your skin benefits from regular attention and care – ideally every four weeks.
DermaSound Ultrasonic Facial treatment FAQs
What is a Dermasound Ultrasonic Facial?
The DermaSound™ Ultra is a non-invasive clinical facial skin treatment system that uses low frequency sound waves to perform aesthetic services in a unique and highly effective way, the DermaSound™ Ultra system provides superior exfoliation that intensifies and enhances the peeling action of chemical solutions.
How does it work?
The operator uses a hand-held wand that utilises water and ultrasonic frequency to loosen and remove dead skin cells from the surface of the skin.
- The cavitation process removes the micro-damaged layer and dead skin cells
- The Sonophoresis process exponentially increases the absorption of semisolid topical compounds into the skin
How often do I need the treatment?
– It depends on your skin condition. The frequency will be determined by the skin care consultant. You may start on a course of treatments initially spaced approximately 3-4 weeks apart. Then as the integrity of the skin progresses have maintenance treatments 4-6 weeks apart.
– It should always be used in conjunction with personalised skin care for optimum results. Well moisturised and exfoliated skin is more receptive to nutrient treatments. A series of treatments will strengthen the epidermis.
Is there any down time?
- There is no damage to the skin, and there is no downtime.
- The skin may be pink/ red for a few hours post treatment, but this subsides naturally within a short space of time.
- You can experience a tingling sensation during the treatment (aka peel application).
What areas can be treated?
- Face, neck, décolletage and back. It is a very efficient treatment for oily and congested shoulders and backs.
- It is suitable for any type of skin.
Can Dermasound Facials be combined with other treatments?
Yes, the Dermasound treatment can be used in conjunction with the Microhydrabrasion and is an excellent pre-treatment for more advanced therapies such as Dermastamp and Fraxel.
Who is a candidate for DermaSound?
- Almost anyone wishing to purify, cleanse and smooth their skin is a candidate for DermaSound.
- The treatment is suitable for all skin types.
- DermaSound may be appropriate for clients with skin lesions, diabetes mellitus, lupus, eczema, vascular lesions, warts, psoriasis, herpes and those taking anti-coagulants.
- Those with pacemakers or who are pregnant are not candidates for DermaSound.
How much does it cost and how long does it take?
- $195 per treatment including all processes
- 1hr 30mins to complete